Don't let this be your home, make Fire Prevention an everyday habit!
Fire Prevention Tips:
- In case of a house fire, GET OUT and STAY out! Do not go back in for toys, pictures, games, computers, etc. Nothing is worth your life.
- In an emergency dial 911, even if you are unsure of the situation.
- Establish a safe meeting place for the entire family in case your home needs to be evacuated.
- If your clothing catches fire, STOP, DROP, COVER(your face), and ROLL.
- Ensure all your smoke detectors are working properly, test them monthly.
- Never leave an open flame unattended, including small candles to large fire places.
- If you are using space heaters, remember, they need SPACE, at least three feet of free space.
- Have your chimney cleaned annually by a professional.
- Remember fire prevention goes beyond your home!
- When lighting an open flame, clear the area of flammable debris.
- Never light an open flame on windy days.
- If your car catches fire, get every one out and stay 100 feet away.